Skip to content
Creating a good study space
Here are some ideas and tips to creating a productive study environment.
- Remove any distractions (phone, social media blocker on your laptop etc.)
- Have everything you will need to study (textbooks, notes, pens, laptop etc.)
- Remember to set breaks and take them
- Try and study in a place with natural lighting i.e. near a window OR have a desk lamp for better lighting on dark days and in the evening
- Be organised: make sure all your notes are organised before you sit down to study, if you have a mix of digital and paper notes make sure you format them the same so it is easier to interpret later on.
- Sound: Try and reduce distractions and play music that doesn’t take your attention away from what you are working on.
- Continuity: try and study in the same place, this will help you get into the right frame of mind quicker.
- Get comfortable, but not too comfortable
- Prepare some snacks before you start studying.
- Keep positive!