Unfortunately, partying in the Covid-era is not what it used to be like. We’ve got to consider carefully about whether right now, with Omicron in our community, is the best time to be gathering. Maybe the celebration can be postponed till later in the year? Or there is an alternate way to celebrate? Have a flat meeting to make sure you are all on the same page and to set the ground rules about how you will mitigate the risks if you all decide to go ahead with the event.
- inside or outside?
- should vaccine passes be mandatory?
- having a Contact Tracer QR code?
- limits on numbers and who you invite?
- managing the situation to stay within red light restrictions?
You can help protect your visitors by creating your own Contact Tracer QR Code poster from the MOH Covid site. It’s simple to do and takes no more than five minutes before your poster is in your email box. And you can order many copies!
Got symptoms? Sore throat, blocked nose, sneezing, cough, loss of smell or taste, shortness of breath? GET A TEST!
There are heaps of testing sites all over the city and testing is free of charge. If offered a test, please take it to help curb community transmission.
There are 9 testing sites that are open to anyone (ie you don’t have to be a patient enrolled at the clinic) listed here: https://www.healthpoint.co.nz/covid-19/dunedin-south-otago/dunedin/?options=anyone
Drive thru and walk-ins are possible at:
- Southern Community Testing Site, 5 Malcolm St, North D. 11am to 7pm (closest to campus)
- Te Kāika, Victoria Rd Car Park, 103 Victoria Rd, St Kilda. 8.30am to 4pm
- Dunedin South Medical Centre, 351 King Edward St, South Dunedin. Mon/Weds/Thurs/Fri 9am to 3pm
Student Health are not providing Covid tests, vaccinations or a general helpline on self-isolation. Students are asked to contact the Covid 19 Healthline on 0800 VIRUS19 (0800 847 8719) to find out information on testing & results, vaccination and self-isolation advice. This is open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
Student Health are open 8.30-5pm weekdays for all other medical matters including other vaccinations.